HID Global, trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, today unveiled at this week’s EURO ID 2012 in Berlin its expanded portfolio of radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions from its Identification Technologies business segment, including many new tag designs never before shown in Europe. This showcase of new and existing RFID tag solutions reinforces the company’s commitment to driving innovation through quality solutions that meet the changing requirements for a broad spectrum of industries, including animal identification; logistics; automation and manufacturing; medical and health care; returnable transport items; and waste management. A company representative will also speak during conference session.
HID Global will demonstrate its advanced RFID transponders for a wide range of applications in Booth #312 in Messe Berlin Exhibit Hall 2.1 from April 24-26. Innovative HID tag designs span from low frequency to high frequency to UHF, providing customers a highly differentiated set of solutions that meet the broad array of today’s asset tracking and identification requirements. Key demonstrations of the company’s recent RFID tag innovations include:
• InLine Tag™ Ultra: The most advanced general-purpose UHF tags available, these tags employ a patented HID Global 3D antenna that enables read ranges of up to a 26 ft (8 m) with no line-of-sight on any material, substantially improving data collection speed and accuracy for global logistics applications.
• SlimFlex™ Tag: Unique, flexible thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) housings enable secure mounting of UHF tags on contoured or irregular surfaces, while maintaining excellent RFID performance characteristics, even under harsh conditions.
• IronTag®: Originally developed for tracking aircraft parts, this UHF tag performs when attached to metal objects and withstands temperatures to 356° F (180° C), making it ideal for tagging tools, metal components, factory machinery and heavy equipment.
• Glass Tag Ultra: Encapsulated in moisture-proof glass, theses transponders employ a patented direct bonding technology to provide greater read-range performance than any LF tags of comparable size, and a generous 512 bits of read-write memory.
With fast data rate communication and a variety of housings to suit unique environmental requirements, HID’s broad portfolio underscores the ability for RFID technology to be implemented in ever-wider applications, vastly improving the speed and accuracy of logistics and asset tracking around the world.
HID Global presentation during conference session at Euro ID:
• “Weapons tracking with RFID at Australian Customs” – Daniel Diefenbach, sales manager, Identification Technologies, DACH with HID Global will address how HID tags helped Australian customs to optimize lifecycle and inventory accuracy of weapons, apparel and safety equipment during a conference User Forum on Wednesday, April 26, 2012 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators and application developers serving a variety of markets. These markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivIdentity®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, LaserCard® and HID®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com
Source: newsroom - meattradenewsdaily.co.uk
Back to News Headlines