Open Letter to Mr Masood Khawaja, president of the Halal Food Authority
Masood Khawaja talks the talk on importance of Halal
Dear Mr Khawja,
I and my fellow Muslim community would appreciate answer to some of our concerns what has been raised in the media, the Halal Food Authority who you claim are represent the Muslim community for halal food authenticating here in UK have a duty of care if you honestly believe you are benefiting the Muslim community and not your pocket, I am e-mail this to your e-mail direct to avoid any confusion as to you not been sent this letter of mine for you to address the Muslim communities concern’s. masood khawaja firstname.lastname@example.org;
Answers to the following question will be appreciated by return:
1. With you claiming to be representing the halal industries in halal certification and representing the Muslim community for halal food, why have you not defended these accusation that are be made against you and your organisation in the media?
2. In 2010 KFC were asked to clarify the halal chicken that was been sold in their restaurant to the Muslim community which was certified by HFA, a meeting was organised by Lancashire councils of Mosque, why did you or your organisation not attend the meeting even though the directors of KFC attended to defend Machine slaughter?
3. With over 40 of the top Muslim scholars in UK speaking at the event in June which was hosted at the Muslim Arbitration Tribunal, said: “Mass machine slaughter of animals is totally not allowed in Islam are the wrong? Are they correct?
4. It has been claimed that another inherent problem with machine slaughter is that it will decapitate about 5 per cent or 1,000 per hour of the heads their by cutting the spinal cord are not Halal, if so how do they remove them out of the systems and ensure that they do not mix with the halal production as they are not halal?
5. You have made a statement in the media regarding machine slaughter that “Yes it is frowned upon in some circles but I think it’s fine as long as three main criteria are upheld and they are, the animal is not dead before slaughtered, how to you check when the machine is slaughtering 20,000 chicken per hr they are not dead?
6. In another statement you have made is “The Quran doesn’t say anything about mechanisms; all these machines were invented only recently. “Everything is done according to science and technology now and technology has moved on.” Are you say that there is no difference in halal slaughtering with non halal slaughter as long as the Muslim press’s the button been the only difference?
7. At the meeting with the Muslim scholar’s at the Muslim Arbitration Tribunal they said “The prescribed holy words should be said upon every animal and not just once, what’s more is, it can’t be one person just flicking a switch which kills a mass number of animals by rotary blade. It needs to be on an individual basis, are the religious scholar’s statement correct?
8. Why do Halal Food Authority and you feel science and technology is far more important over religion for religious slaughter of animals?
9. Regenstein has made a statement that in his view science will show that the most humane slaughter may well be religious slaughter is that a true statement?
10. It has been stated that HFA are taking part in research to design new machinery that could carry out "controlled stunning" to the satisfaction of Muslims community, if true can we have copies of your research?
11. What research do you have that Muslim community will accept controlled stunning , which is on the contrary to the research which was carried out by EBLEX in 2010 ,which it say’s given the choice the Muslim community wanted non stun, is this research in correct?
Meat Trade News Daily Supporting British Pig Farmers
Source: Argentine Beef Packers S.A.
Back to News Headlines